The Billionaire Plan has an exciting opportunity for a talented professional who is looking to dramatically contribute to the success of a growing organization that helps young entrepreneurs.
This position would work directly with the President to manage a team of 'copywriters' and 'ghost writers' located in remote locations, overseeing the development of numerous books being produced by TBP.
This would include reviewing various other books and manuals in the marketplace to present to TBP to determine which ones represent information that can be learned to assist with the development of projects TBP is working on. And once approved, you would assign the project to a remote copywriter or ghostwriter after negotiating terms and fees and then manage their progress to completion.
The mission for the Publishing Manager is to be experienced, knowledgeable, and have enough experience to be able to communicate with others in the industry, including but not limited to: copywriters, ghostwriters, publishers, etc. ensuring a high level of compatibility in all writing projects.
- Actively review & screen profiles of freelance / remote copywriter & ghostwriter contractors (mostly through freelancer & Fiverr).
- Make recommendations to management as to who to hire based on screening and the requested fee for such work.
- Handle the hiring and firing of Copywriters & Ghostwriters
- Recommend to management the estimated fee cost on each written project and estimated time to produce.
- Be available to copywriters and ghostwriters via email, call, Viber, WhatsApp, or other chat application and/or video call to help with questions they have to prevent delays in deadlines on projects. And help them where needed to complete a project.
- Manage and Monitor the “Publishing Timeline & Deadline” that is monitored by management to provide them a view of all publishing projects and their progress.
- Develop, Manage, Review & Make Notes Path on each Publishing Project at the stages of:
- Ensure all Publishing Projects have a list of sources and references.
- Work with AVI / Photo / Video dept to get Photo / Video / Graphic's needed.
- Manage cloud related information required on Ghostwriters and Copywriters.
- Manage storage vault on company cloud of all items related to various publishing projects (draft and final text, images and videos, notes, references, and sources list and any notes from Chase, Publisher, Ghostwriter, Copywriter, and any important emails related to such project if any.
- Maintain a Google Interactive Sheet of all Ghostwriters and Copywriters and the projects they are working on and past and future projects list.
- Maintain an Attention to Detail. To not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Be calm under pressure and maintain stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Excellent communication skills. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email, and delivers world-class customer service to our members.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Flexibility / adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Has an ability to foresee needs before they arise.
- Work ethic. Processes a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes work long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Excellent English skills and good knowledge of upper-level vocabulary
- 1 years experience as a writer, ghostwriter, or freelance writer
- Personality of strict attention to planning and deadlines
- High level of competency with Google Apps for Business (Mail, Calendar, Drive) and Microsoft Word, Excel. Experience with Workfront or other CRM is a plus.
- Problem-solving mindset
- Undergraduate degree in English or Journalism is a plus
- At least 3 years experience as a writer, ghostwriter and/or freelance writer
- Prefer some experience in book publishing and printing industry is a plus
- Comfortable speaking to groups of people, both in-person and virtual
- A proven ability to exercise considerable discretion and independent judgment when making decisions and interacting with Team Members, Members, Vendors, and centers-of-influence
- This job operates in a professional office environment, routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- Comfortable office where almost all staff are very cordial with each other and no drama within the office.
This position has a Salary Base + Performance Bonuses (based on the completion of various)
+ Company Wide Pay Increases (based on the overall success of the company)
And: Stock & Options on the Parent Company (WebIdeas) and the Project you are working on.
Salary & Bonuses are negotiable
Get in contact